Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Three Little Girls: Blocked Out

9" x 12" Canvas Panel

When I started this blog, I had one small daughter Ayla Dell. Since her we have created two more little master pieces Tayvie Noon, and Lyndlee Eve. All three girls. All three gorgeous. I also nanny for three handsome little fellers two age three and a one year old. This afternoon, I lined them all up at the kitchen table with paintbrushes, watercolors and paper. Five of the six (four years old and younger) sat and painted for a good amount of time. Obviously number six would have been involved if she were old enough to hold a paint brush and not eat the wet paper. Nothing makes me happier than this. I love to see kids creating and using their imaginations.
I just started this project of my three girls. This is it all blocked out. I sketched it out and then made the lines more definitive with a charcoal pencil once the sketch was complete. Probably shouldn't have done the charcoal, it's making it a bit harder to work with, but I think it will work out.

No comments: