Monday, April 16, 2007

Greg Olsen Art

I had the amazing opportunity to go to a fireside last night that the famous and amazingly talented artist Greg Olsen was speaking at. I took my sister Gen with me, who, when it was over, rushed the stage to get his autograph! He was super sweet and nice to her and signed her book as a "fellow artist."
He is amazing. To look at his work close up, they look like photographs. He told neat little stories to go along with them which made me love his paintings even more.
Obviously his work is copyrighted but I read the rules to use them and I think I'm with in the boundries to use this picture so you can see what I'm talking about. If you want to see more click on the link above or this one www.gregolsenart.com
This picture is probably my favorite. It is beautiful. Listening to him speak and looking at his beautiful paintings has really inspired me to try some new things. A true artist is one who can portray something in a way that can make you feel something from viewing it, whether it be a mood or a feeling or even taking you away for a second as if you feel like you are there with in the painting. His art work truely does that! You can't look at his paintings with out feeling something or even feeling like you are there watching. He definately paints a story in just one picture. I think that is every artist's goal and he has mastered it... though I'm sure you'd never hear him admit that as he is so humble about his paintings.


1 comment:

amy gretchen said...

What a cool opportunity.

I really appreciate your thoughts on my blog. It is amazing how the internet has brought so many people together. You certainly help put that smile on my face and appreciate you taking your time.